Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A dinner everyone ate.

I. am. on. a. roll. Two dinners that, everyone ate, two nights in a row. Monday night it was the bread bowl soup and Tuesday night was a jumbo pasta filled with a meat and cheese mixture. You can use any ground meat you have on hand. I used a combination of grass fed beef, turkey meat, and sausage. I sautéed onions and garlic in a herb infused oil
and then added a combination of herbs ( I had a lot of meat this time so lots of herbs but about 1/4 Tbs of each herb you have on hand would be good for about a pound of meat) and then added all the ground meat to finish cooking. 
I also added some salt to taste 
I cooked some jumbo pasta until almost done ( the rest will cook when you heat up in the stove) 
For the cheese mixture I took a mixture of a few cheeses and shredded them. 
I took the cooled off meat ( we don't want to melt the cheese) and added them together. I then scooped a spoonful of the mixer into the pasta and set it inside a 13x9 baking dish. 
I finished it with some pasta sauce on top. You can added as you like but not everyone in my family loves tomato sauce. Place pan in heated oven covered with aluminum foil for about 20 mins at 350* 
Serve with a yummy salad or just gobble up by its self. The also makes the best leftovers. It was kid approved! 

No comments:

Post a Comment