Sunday, May 31, 2015

I forgot....

I challenged myself with this daily blog writing because I knew it would be hard. I am a very go with the flow person. I live in the moment, the here and right now. The whole saying "out of sight, out of mind" is mostly true for me. So last night with my daddy getting in town, my twin and two of her kids here in town, cooking dinner and cleaning up for them, then celebrating a birthday, it is no wonder I totally forgot about my daily writing. To fix that problem I have a genius idea....I will just put it in my calendar. 
            
Maybe this will solve the problem. 
My first thing I am thankful for is this calendar. For years I did not use one. My husband was a lover of the written in calendars and went no where with out it, I on the other hand, did not own one. Today this lovely phone calendar, that so kindly reminds me of important events is life changing. I would not show up to anything with out it. It maybe a sign of old age but I am going to go with the fact that I have 5 kids and it is just a lot to remember....ya, that is it. 

My twin is the only person in the world who can tell me she doesn't like something of mine and it not hurt my feelings. I had on a shirt that she was not a fan of and so when I went to change I chose one that I knew she would "love" even more. It has now been referred to the hamburger helper shirt. What do you think? 

My mother in law made the shirt and I am very thankful for her mad skills. She has made all of the kids special blankets and she has giving us a ton of things over the years. Some things are a hit and some are a miss, this one....well....not so much. 

I am thankful for a daddy, a papa, who plays with my kids and joins in with the things they are doing instead of getting aggravated that they didn't stop everything to talk to them. Kids do not just talk, they play, they pretend, they wrestle, and if someone wants to spend time with them they need to jump into that. Kids hearts are so open to talking and receiving when we do it in a creative way, not a forced way. My daddy is the best at doing things they kids love. He makes memories with them and starts traditions with them. 
     
He is also a pretty good nail painter. Miss ava is now rocking the navy nail polish. 

Today everyone leaves and it will be just 5 of us here. Melinda heads home with her crew and daddy heads home with two from my crew. I am thankful for the next week to get caught up on everything. 

I am a blessed woman. I am so thankful for second chances, for gentle reminders, and for family that loves everything about me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment