Saturday, July 4, 2015

Last minute invites and rain to cap it off.

Jerry and I are always planning last min parties, we plan ones ahead also but the last min ones happen fairly often. It is usually because we may be out of town so don't plan anything and then for what ever reason, we find that we are home. We then think that maybe there are other friends at home with no plans also.....we should invite them over, this becomes 1, 2, then 3, it's a party. I am so thankful for these random parties. 



We had a great time visiting with friends, new and old, and there we lots of cultures here as well. I love learning about other countries and seeing how everyone blends their difference together and gets along. 
Everyone was also easy going when my place was like a kitchen in the back of an old restaurant and filled with a hazy smoke. Our exhaust filters the air right back into the house so when we are cooking our burgers inside....well it looks like a bar. Caden said " wow, you brought a cloud in here" -enough said. 


Our plan was to go watch the fireworks out on this awesome hill. Our friend Levi told us about it last year and it rocked. The rain had other plans and we were super bummed that our friends from Finland didnt get to see the fireworks live. I really wanted them to experience the 4th with all the bells and whistles that Nashville has. 
No matter what, I am so thankful to have met them while they are here for a year. The husband is doing research at Vandy and they have a daughter that was in Ava kindergarten class. It has been wonderful to meet this sweet family. 
I am thankful to have my kids go to such an amazing elementary school where so many internationals go. They are making friends who will live all over the world. 

Tonight was a blessing because it felt like friends just hanging out and not like I was simply hosting a party for someone else. I got to talk to Charity, Shelly, Riita, Sally, and Mary all at once and at individual times. I am so thankful for that. I have hosted parties before where I finish and feel like I just worked a job. This was the opposite of that.  
I am thankful for friends. I am thankful for an excuse to keep the house clean beside for real, without company there is no reason to clean it lol. 

I did get to watch the last few minutes of the show through the Internet. 



I am thankful for our countries freedom. We live in a place where right now there are so many thoughts about right and wrong and I wont even touch that topic but we can all agree that we are free. Our country is free and I am called to be living in such a time as this. For that I am thankful. 




No comments:

Post a Comment