Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I have no clue.

Today I am not starting this blog with any idea what to write. I have lots of things to be thankful for but no real theme for my post this evening. 
I do know from our vacation that I am thankful to be out of the infant and toddler stage. I feel I was in the stage for so many years that I am happy to be in this next season and I don't miss the past one at all. 
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE BABIES, but I don't want any more babies. My kids are all old enough to buddy up and help each other. They all can fall asleep in the same room and we don't have to worry about waking up the baby. I am so thankful to be in the season of parenting I am in now. As the saying goes and it is true, it goes by very fast so enjoy it. I do look back and wish there were some things I could do differently. If I had the knowledge I have now, back then, things would be different. It would be interesting to see how different it would have turned out. I am not sure if it would be good or bad. Obviously God's timing is perfect and everything happens in His timing but maybe there were some lessons I could have learned faster that could help with things. No matter what, that is the past, I cannot change it, nor would I really want to all that much. My kids are growing into amazing people. I pray that they will learn their own lessons in God's timing and they will enjoy and be thankful for each season they are in. 
Tomorrow is another day of our vacation and I am so thankful I don't have to pack a stroller and baby food to take and i don't have to worry about a nap. 
For the mommys who are in that season I pray you enjoy it. Be thankful that they have strollers and slings to help carry babies. Be thankful that you are holding your baby even if it is at night while they are crying instead of sleeping, because the alternative could be only holding memories. Be thankful for those first 5 or so years when they are following you every where and you can't even go pee alone because it is a blessing that God trusted you to be an earthly leader and teacher for them. The time here on earth is so small compared to the bigger picture of life, be thankful that you have been intrusted to raise these small blessings and help raise them up to be mighty warriors. 
I was only 20 when God gave me this amazing blessing. He saw past what so many people saw and gave me a fighting chance to be her mother. I am so thankful I got to start my journey with her. She made it fun and made me brave enough to have more. I am also thankful God gave me a girl first bc she made having 5 kids much easier with all the help she is to me. 
Tomorrow is a new day, what will you chose to be thankful for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment