Friday, June 5, 2015

Third generation twins.

This is my amazing son Caden. I love him so much. 
He is a surviving twin.  
I posted the other day about my first heavenly baby, Rena. Eight months after giving birth to her I found out I was pregnant with twins. 
This was such a wonderful feeling. He would be third generation twins and such a gift after the loss less then a year ago. 
Even before I found out it was twins I knew it was. Everything was different about this pregnancy, all symptoms were more intense so when I found out I was carrying two babies I was thrilled. 
I was able to carry both twins into the 4th month. We knew from the last loss that I had thick blood and we were keeping an eye on it. I was supposed to start on blood thinners at 14 weeks but after getting an ultrasound after a car wreck I found out I had placenta previa. We did see that both babies were doing awesome. About three weeks after that we went in for a check up and found out the baby A had passed away. I was heart broken. I have said most of my life that I would have twins and to get them and have them now gone hurt so much. I could not understand how this could happen twice. 
Once you are into your second trimester and you lose one of the twins you don't actually miscarry it, you just continue carrying them both and and the dead twin will just get smaller and smaller and be absorbed. So I was able to continue the remainder of my pregnancy with only a few hiccups along the way. 

My due date was December 26 but with blood thinners you can't go into labor on your own, it has to be in a controlled environment. We also knew that Caden was going to be very tiny. He was being born about a month early but he was also measuring a month smaller then his due date. The drs were concerned that because of his size his lungs might not be developed or he may not be able to eat. 
I was able to deliver him naturally and he came out so tiny and sooo healthy! His lungs were perfect and he was my best nurser. His weight was a sweet doll size of 4lbs 10 oz.
We wanted a name for our baby that had a powerful meaning so we chose the name Caden because it means fighter.

I don't want my post to be such depressing post and always be such strange, dramatic post but they are a HUGE part of who I am today and why I am so thankful. So here is my thankful part of this post, when we left the hospital I was so beyond thankful, grateful, and blessed to be able to leave the hospital with a baby in my arms. I did not have two babies but I was thankful that my arms were not empty like the last time less then 18 months ago. I am so thankful for all the Caden is. He is funny, the best cuddler, all boy, loud, gentle, and creative. He is the perfect add in to our family. He is aware of his twin and knows that one day they will get to play. We never got to see if the baby was a girl or boy so since the baby was Baby A we went with a gender natural name of Aiden. 
I am also so thankful for the promise of Heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment