Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Off the clock

That is what today was...we were off the clock. We dropped off Caleb and Jerry to get the rental car so they could head back home to Nashville and then we had no schedule. It was wonderful to have no pressing meeting to get to, no hotel breakfast we had to get to before it shut down, or even a park to get to before the huge crowd got there, it was just do, just live. We met my mom for lunch at a park by her work and hung out for the hour and then the kids wanted to walk next door to the church and walk through the cemetery. 


We found a grave the was cracked open because of a tree root or because they were raised from the dead....we went with the latter reason. 😉 
Kori, my animal whisper, caught a lizard/salamander. They loved the bright rainbow colors it had.

After visiting with my mom we drove all the way to where I grew up and I showed them so much of my memories. I am positive I enjoyed it more then they did. We even went by my middle school and drove through some back roads near there. It was awesome to have no idea where things were but through that second nature habit I was able to get places and remember things. I accidentally came upon a pier/park area that I went to a lot as a kid so we stopped there and played for awhile. 



We ended up in fairhope and went antique shopping, drove around the pier, and then stopped at my mom's house and visited with my granny. 

We ended the day with dinner at my dad's home and then ice cream at The Marble Slab Creamery.

Gabi even met some new friends. She is always so friendly and can talk to anyone. 

Having a schedule is great for getting things accomplished but it was wonderful to unwind in true form and have no need for the clock today. We just took it as it led us and went from adventure to adventure. I am so thankful for days like today!  
When is the last time you were able to unwind with no use of the clock? Is it something you do often or need to put in your schedule to get off schedule? 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment