Monday, June 29, 2015

Saying no




I wasn't going to write a blog post tonight.....not because I didn't have any thing to be thankful for, but because I just didn't really have a story. I was good with not writing one. I was good with saying no. I then decided to write a quick post about how even though I said yes and I am writing, I am thankful for the freedom to say no. 
I am a rule follower to a Tee and I like to keep my commitments and not let others down. For example, i do not like being late because someone is counting on me getting there and we set a time so therefore it becomes a rule. Even with this blog I stated that it would be a daily post on thankfulness. I am not fooling my self that people will be let down if I don't post daily but it is a goal that I put out there and want to keep. 
I am thankful that I am not held down by that promise. 
Don't get me wrong, I am all for keeping commitments and not quitting but for me I keep doing some thing even when it cause stress to myself and family. I was choosing to not write today because I had no topic and didn't want to stress over picking one. I thought "man, I am happy I can say no and not be anxious over this" Then I thought " hmmm that could be my post" 
So here I am - writing a post about not needing to write a post lol


Are there things in your life that you still do because of a commitment even if it causes you stress or anxiety? How do you get through it and stay true to your word? 


Random fact for you: this picture doesn't go with what I wrote but I post it so something nice shows up  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment